BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How did January turn out?

I know you've been asking yourself when on earth I'd update about how my resolutions are panning out!  You've been on the edge of your seats, right?  Of course!

Well, I'm happy to say that so far, so good!  As a recap, my resolutions were to be a better Christian, better wife and mother, take care of my body and take care of my budget.

Being a better Christian is both easy and hard!  I am trying to spend more time in the word every single day.  I open myself up to listen more to Him and take His lead in my daily life.

As far as being a better wife and mother goes - who knows how I'm doing on that?!  I try to show my husband and kiddos affection every chance I get, tell them I love them and do little things for them every day.  I'm trying to be an advocate for C1, since he's not getting some of the things he needs at school.  I'm also working on keeping a PEACEFUL home!!!  My home should be a safe haven to all who live here, not a stressful, messy place we all dread to see!

My body.  UGH.  Not doing so great here.  I've been battling a case of the lazies and the eat-whatever-the-heck-I-want-tos.  It stinks.  I will get back on track TODAY!!!  I have to!

And the good old budget...well, it's going ok.  My challenge last month was to eat out of the pantry, to only buy food that we HAD to have to cook meals on my menu and to spend drastically less.  I did succeed at that, actually.  My normal grocery budget is right around $600 a month for our family of five.  Last month I spent right around $200.  That's a pretty great reduction, right?  The only problem?  I ate out at lunch more, had some pretty big expenses relating to birthdays and just general shopping.  Oops.

February is a new month - and I'm excited!

0 comments: