BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 15, 2010

Update - budget in tact...sort of.

So I've been doing amazingly well at not going to the grocery store this month!  I have enough food to feed an army in my kitchen and a great menu planned.  The only problem?  I can't seem to cook when D is out of town!  What on earth is wrong with me?!  I have cooked several meals from the menu, but I've also relied on convenience foods from the freezer, which I really wanted to stay away from!  At least I'm not eating out every night, right?  I think one of my problems is that I have so many new recipes on the menu and I keep thinking that D would really like them, so I want to wait until he's home.  Right now, I'm still under $200 for a month's worth of groceries, though I will need to head to the store for milk and eggs.  I'm probably going to just make a few loaves of bread instead of buying them.  That will save me a few bucks, plus it will be healthier and taste better.

For anyone else doing the challenge - how are you doing?  Are you struggling with anything?  Any tips for the rest of us?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm doing great also! I'm going week to week, but didn't have to go to the store last week (my first week to try this), and this next week, I only need a few things! Thank you so much for showing me this method!