BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Phew What a Day

Ok, so the new day yesterday was exhausting! I did well, though trying to focus on the positive, think about what I'm saying, say what I mean and mean what I say. All of that went pretty well. Until C1 (6 yrs old) decided it would be fun to test me. It was all I could to do bite my tongue! And he kept testing me through two different stores, tee ball practice, back home, through dinner and play time all the way to bed time. OMG I seriously wondered how he has made it this long. But, I must say that I stuck to my guns and he is now grounded from the XBox 360 for the entire week (he lost one day at a time), from the bionicles, and he's on shaky ground with the legos now, too. Wow, what a rough day. What I didn't know, though was that from the time he got on the bus yesterday morning until after tee ball practice last night he had a headache. Poor guy! I wish he'd have told me before we went through all of that so I could give him some Tylenol and some extra loving! Today has been going good - we'll see what tonight brings!

2 comments:

mom2four said...

good job momma for setting a boundary and staying with it. Sad he had a headache (you're right that can affect things) but many times when you set a new determination to stick to something they'll test the hardest to see if you're going to follow through...... test passed! Now realize they'll still do it again from time to time and although part of them doesn't like it, part of them feel VERY secure when they test the boundaries and find they are still there and firm ;)

Tanya said...

Great job, girl! Agree w/Trish completely - they might buck you when they see you're trying new ways, but they DO like limits in a way. Sorry he had a headache - I always feel bad when I find out something like that, and wonder why they can't just come out and say "hey mom, I don't feel good today, so I'm gonna be a little stinker!" LOL, if only it were that easy :)