BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Mrs. Homemaker

Ok, I have this preoccupation with being a "good wife" to my husband. Not sure why, but I really do try to impress him, though it rarely seems to work. ha ha I have been trying to dazzle with dh by couponing and saving money on groceries. He could care less, but it's still fun for me to try to find the best deal. Well, in trying to save money, it also occured to me that I could start making more food for my family from scratch. My first attempt was yesterday at making homemade wheat bread. I don't mean in the good old bread machine - I've used that thing with boxed mixes off and on for years. I mean drag out the wheat flour, yeast, and honey. Kneed it, let it rise, punch it down, rise again and bake. I let C1 and C2 help a bit with the kneeding and of course the punching - they loved it! There was nothing more satisfying than C1 asking what that yummy smell was, and knowing that my homemade bread baking in the oven would nourish my little boys! I baked 3 loaves yesterday - only one remains! Yep, big hit. Was dh impressed? Nope, not really - he said it was bread.

Oh, update on yesterday - the HUGE task of cleaning out the boys' room is done! They got rid of so many toys. I was really really impressed with them wanting to give away so much. Their closet looks amazing and there are NO toys on the floor. I also taught them (again) how to make their beds, which they will do every morning. And they are now picking their clothes out at night before bed. We'll see how long this lasts.

0 comments: