BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 17, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

I took the boys to the pumpkin patch today to get some fall pictures. They had so much fun climbing up on the huge pumpkins, running through the dark "hay house," and looking at all the animals. On the way there, C2 saw a freshly plowed field. He was so excited and wanted to go play in it. I thought to myself that he could probably spend the whole day out in an empty field playing and have a ball. I wondered if I could find the same enjoyment in something so simple. I know I can't, but why? What is it that we lose while growing up that allows us such joy in simple things? I try to thank the Lord each and every day for the ordinary things that I used to take for granted. I am so thankful for every aspect of my life, big and small, but I still do not have that unbridled fun that my boys do. Sometimes I wish I could spend an hour in their shoes - finding complete bliss in a pile of dirt and a couple of hot wheels cars.

1 comments:

Anna said...

That is such a great picture of your boys...they are too cute!

I too wish I could once again be able to swing on the swings and have that rush of childlike joy! I think more then anything we need to do stuff like that though everyonce in awhile...I think we'd be a lot less depressed society if we did. Maybe there should be a national Be A Kid Again Day. Hmmm

BTW: Thanks for sharing your blog! And commenting on mine! :)